Connecting art + community since 1944
It is the mission of the Cambridge Art Association (CAA) to build a vibrant community through visual art: connecting individuals and facilitating dialogue among artists and art lovers of all ages and backgrounds. To accomplish this, CAA exhibits quality works of art and seeks to enrich lives and engage art enthusiasts and collectors. CAA also provides educational opportunities to its members and others to enhance their skills as artists and promote the appreciation of visual art.
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-876-0246
The CAA's 2023 Holiday Small Works Sale will be hosted IN-PERSON at the CAA @ Canal Gallery (650 E. Kendall Street, Cambridge). The Holiday Small Works Sale is a showcase of affordable artworks - including painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, ceramics, and other fine art mediums. We are not equipped to display wearable art or jewelry.
All artworks submitted must be available for the in-person show at CAA @ Canal
Dates & Deadlines
Entry deadline: November 2, 5:00pm EST
Notification date: November 10, via email
In-person Delivery Dates: November 30 & December 1, 12:00-5:00pm each day, at 650 E. Kendall Street, Cambridge MA.
Sale Begins | Thursday, December 7, 5:00pm
IN-PERSON Celebration: Thursday, December 7, 5:00-8:00pm
Exhibit on view through December 22
Pick-up of unsold artwork: January 5 + 6, 12:00-5:00pm, at 650 E. Kendall Street, Cambridge MA
- Artwork must be available for sale and available for the in-person show at CAA @ Canal.
- Submission is Free, and open to artists 18 and older living in New England (MA, NH, ME, RI, CT). This opportunity is open to both CAA Members and non-members.
- All artists can submit up to 4 works. All submitted works will be included.
- All mediums accepted: 2D, 3D.
- All artwork must be original
- Maximum dimension of artworks - 14 inches on the longest side. This includes the frame. No exceptions.
- NEW Maximum price/value of each artwork cannot exceed $500.
- Work can be framed, but framing is not required. For unframed photos, prints or works on paper, we do require them to be in a plastic sleeve or shrink wrapped. We cannot accept work that does not adhere to this guideline.
- All sales will be split 50/50 between the artist and CAA; we encourage artists who are able to donate 100% of the proceeds of the sale to CAA, to support CAA programs, exhibits, and the Rabb Scholarship Program. 10% of CAA's revenues from this sale will support the Emergency Fund for Visual Artists.
- Artists are encouraged, but not required, to submit 2 images of their artwork – one that features just the work, and a second image that features the frame the work is in. Or, mark in your submission the frame color. If an artist is submitting a 3-D piece, we encourage the second image to be another angle of the piece.
- All artwork images should be approximately 2100 pixels (7 inches) on the longest side, or larger.
- All artwork images should be at least 300 ppi (pixels per inch) resolution.
- All artwork images should be a maximum file size of 5MB
- The CAA reserves the right to remove or disqualify work that is inappropriate in content or that does not meet the guidelines for this call.
(Please note: on average, we sell approximately 30-50% of the works offered for sale in the annual Small Works Sale. This event serves as a fundraiser for the CAA, and we appreciate participants support in getting the word out about this once per year event!)
Need tips & tricks to take images of your artwork? Artwork Archive has your back! https://www.artworkarchive.com/blog/4-steps-to-photographing-your-art-like-a-professional